Monday, October 26, 2009

This Morning's Prayer

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.  He will be like a tree planted by the water, that sends its roots out by the stream.  It does not fear when the heat comes; it's leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."  Jeremiah 17:7-8


Lord, today I choose to trust you and place my confidence in you.  I trust you to meet my needs for love and affection.  I trust you to validate me, to tell me that I am good, lovable, strong and able because of your Goodness and Strength that lives in me.  I trust you to meet the physical and emotional needs of my family. Through me or through others, you are the Source.  I am confident that your heart towards me is good, Lord, that your grace is sufficient for me, that your blood has covered me and my sins, and that Your righteousness is mine, even on my worst day.


Sometimes I get discouraged, Lord, with what feels like a lack of progress in my battle against self-absorption and self-reliance, but I am confident that you have not only begun a good work in me when You gave me a new heart and a new Spirit, but that You will complete that good work.


My roots reach out into your stream of Unfailing Love today.  My fears subside and my heart comes alive again with your Life pumping through my veins.  I trust what you say, that my life will bear fruit today.  May Your Kingdom come and Your will be done! Amen!